Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 14 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are seeking a passionate Senior 3D Animator to help deliver fantastic gameplay experiences. You will collaborate with the development team to bring our iconic characters to life. The ideal candidate is passionate about games and demonstrates an explicit knowledge of animation principles through their work. Join us, where the goal is just to make great games.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Work closely with the Lead Animator and team to create industry-leading appealing animation and immersive, memorable, and seamless gameplay experiences
- Give characters unique personalities that embody the artistic and gameplay style and vision of the project
- Constantly push the animation quality to a higher level
- Collaborate with character and tech art teams during all character creation phases
- Collaborate and iterate quickly with designers and programmers from prototype to final
- Work in engine creating, implementing, tuning, and regularly testing animation assets with attention to detail
- Organize complicated sets of animation data and assets
- Help establish and refine animation pipeline and tools
- Coordinate with all departments to achieve project goals
- Strong understanding of animation principles
- Experience animating humanoid characters and creatures
- Experience with animation systems in Unity.
- Creative problem-solving at all stages of development
- Strong communication skills, a team player, and a positive attitude
- Able to provide objective feedback and take direction well
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated, able to maintain the high quality of in-game animation and consistent progress without constant supervision
- 3-7 years of experience as a 3D animator in the game industry
- Expert with Maya or similar package
- Working knowledge of modelling, skinning, and rigging for games and how it pertains to animation
- Familiarity with development tools such as Perforce, JIRA, and Confluence
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!