Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment, and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 14 countries and expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX, and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
People are what make games great! Magic Media is currently seeking a Senior 3D Character Artist to help our team on their next adventure. The ideal candidate enjoys putting their skills and knowledge to use in a variety of styles. Your broader experience in game development and the character art pipeline will help you work collaboratively with designers, concept artists, technical artists, and animators to create an immersive and epic experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create a diverse range of high-quality character assets, from sculpting to implementing in the engine.
- Take ownership of specific segments of the character pipeline and oversee the day-to-day management of its contents.
- Create both high and low poly models with a focus on the appropriate game console technical specifications.
- Produce high quality, game-ready textures.
- Partner with Tech Art and Engineering throughout development as needed to ensure assets are functionally sound and optimized for engine/platform constraints.
- Explore opportunities to technically innovate, streamline tools and processes, and champion best practices for the team.
- Assist fellow artists and concept artists in discovering techniques for creating shapes and surfaces that utilize topology effectively and are suitable for animation.
- Take every opportunity to improve and elevate the quality of characters and their appearance throughout the development process while also identifying opportunities to make intelligent optimizations to their meshes.
- Work well with other character artists across the team and serve as a mentor to junior artists.
- An accomplished artist with 5+ years of experience within the character art discipline with game development experience using Unreal and/or Unity.
- Expert knowledge of anatomy, form, silhouette design, and detail hierarchy.
- Exceptional sculpting and poly modeling skills for generating organic and hard surface character assets from stylized to hyper realistic.
- Comprehensive knowledge of multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance) and techniques for Characters, Creatures, and Costuming.
- Demonstrated experience creating PBR textures and a strong understanding of the PBR texturing workflow.
- Deep technical knowledge of modern pipelines, workflows, and techniques for developing characters with clean topology.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- You have a great team spirit and are proactive.
- Professional working English proficiency.
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/reel (or link to a portfolio/reel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
- Permanently remote position.
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international group with offices worldwide.
- Career growth and development.
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- An inclusive culture and open communication.
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on a console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!