Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
Magic Media is currently seeking a game level designer that can perform at a wide variety of game genres, platforms and target audiences and who is able to execute the project’s vision through great level design. The person should be capable of working on multiple projects and cooperating with Producers, Customers, and other Stakeholders -internal and external- in a fast-paced international environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create detailed documentation of the levels designed for the team and the client.
- Create level blockouts that fit with game mechanics.
- Design visual themes and look for game areas.
- Design, build and balance the levels and maps.
- Evaluation and iteration of map flows to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
- Optimizing and decorating maps together with the art type to achieve a visually compelling look besides a highly engaging experience
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create evocative shapes.
- Design the levels together with the developers to ensure a good framerate in the game
- Creation of in-game cinematics using the engine tools.
- Coach teammates in level design tasks
- Communicate and cooperate with Customers and other Stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with the creative direction, design and art department.
- Participate in different Design Department activities to collaborate and coordinate with fellow game designers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in level design: +4 years
- Knowledge of Game Theory and Game Design.
- Knowledge of the tools used for Level Design.
- Strong problem-solving ability and technical know-how.
- Experience creating levels for multiplayer shooters, indoors or outdoors, puzzles, adventure games, first person, top-down, or…
- Experience working with Art and Programming departments.
- Experience working on games from pre-production to release and LiveOps.
- Shipped multiple game titles as Game Level Designer.
- Passion for video games and software quality.
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, capable of working autonomously and energetic.
- Fluent English and good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Asana, etc).
- Experience with Git /Sourcetree
- Experience in other fields of game design, such as systems design, game economy, game narrative…
- Experience working with Unity and Unreal game engines.
- Basic scripting skills to adjust features created by developers.
- Basic knowledge in 3D software like Maya/3DStudio Max.
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms.
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!