Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 14 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We produce mind-blowing results by constantly staying at the forefront of modern technology and cutting-edge processes and practices. Our teams are renowned for their strong initiative, not just in taking care of their day-to-day responsibilities but in helping identify ways to build and grow.
We are looking for a talented Lead 2D Concept Artist to join our team on a variety of projects. The ideal candidate should have extensive and demonstrable experience creating artworks and will be responsible for rendering these in various angles or styles. This includes illustrations, concepts, portraits, backgrounds, and other more specific ones such as sprites, textures, etc. As a Lead 2D Concept artist you are expected to be capable of leading your vision visually through sketches and also delivering the final assets to the developers or tech arts as they demand. You could be required to define the pipelines that will be followed in a project, assist in leading the juniors, and complete estimations or other documentation.
To be considered for this position you must provide a link to your digital reel/portfolio and submit your CV in English.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Produce benchmark quality assets covering all aspects of concept design, key art, illustration, and storyboards adhering to the products art direction
- Possess both technical and artistic expertise to push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to numerous quality and brand guidelines
- Contribute creative ideas and illustrations to present the creative vision into a concept
- Provide time and cost estimates to build the art budget of the project in collaboration with the creative leadership
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for the team
Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Concept Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Collaborating with the project team to brainstorm and interpret the project brief
- Lead, mentor and motivate concept artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the art pipeline
- Review and provide feedback on work produced by artists
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
- Expected to represent the company and its values at external events and communicate its message safely and effectively
- Stays current with trends and brings innovation where possible
- +5 years experience and involved in various game developments
- Extensive experience mentoring and working with producers and studio managers
- Extensive experience overseeing/managing people/artists and teams
- A solid portfolio showcasing your technical and artistic skills in concepting both environments and characters, along with a passion for video games
- Capability to lead and help workmates regarding specific 2D tasks
- Experience in some 2D art standard creation pipelines and exporting asset
- Extensive knowledge of standard illustration tools like adobe PS/AI, Procreate, etc
- Solid knowledge of shape language, color theory, anatomy, light, and perspective
- Highly creative and flexible in visualising different art styles
- Excellent skills communicating through sketches or thumbnails
- Good understanding of which style and visuals are expected in each task or project
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- Spine animation tool knowledge
- Some experience concepting in Matte Painting
- Very basic 3D skills (for overdraw art creation pipelines)
- Some insights in animation are also interesting
- Experience working on AA or AAA sport games, e.g. EA Fifa, NBA 2K, EA NHL
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to experience different pipelines and styles and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
- Salary according to the candidate’s experience
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!