Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
Magic Media is currently seeking a narrative designer that can effectively link gameplay with narrative in a wide variety of game genres, platforms and target audiences and who is able to execute the project’s vision through great narrative design. The person should be capable of working on multiple projects and cooperating with Producers, Customers, and other Stakeholders -internal and external- in a fast-paced international environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create thrilling games that fit our client’s vision and provide solutions that match industry standards
- Create detailed documentation of the game’s narrative systems both for Clients and developers
- Translate concepts into flowcharts, wireframes, and mockups to support product definition and development.
- Help writers understand the varied contexts in which their work will be experienced.
- Balance narrative mechanics against gameplay mechanics ensuring clarity, purpose and meaning.
- Playtest and take playtest feedback to improve narrative systems
- Optimize narrative features according to metrics and specific KPIs
- Work within a multidisciplinary team towards shared goals
- Estimate, prioritize and coordinate narrative design activities
- Communicate and cooperate with Customers and other Stakeholders
- Participate in different Design Department activities to collaborate and coordinate with fellow game designers
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in narrative design: +3 years
- Knowledge of Game Theory and Game Design
- Ability to create compelling stories for a wide variety of game genres and audiences
- Deep knowledge of narrative systems within the video game environment
- Skill managing tone and style to a consistent experience
- Fluent English and good communication skills
- Experience working with Art and Programming departments
- Experience creating smooth narrative introductions for FTUE and game tutorials
- Deep up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market in mobile platforms
- Experience working on games from pre-production to release and LiveOps
- Shipped multiple game titles as Narrative Designer
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, capable of working autonomously and energetic
- Experience in other fields of game design, such as systems design, content design, level design…
- Experience working with Unity and Unreal game engines
- Basic scripting skills to adjust features created by developers
- Experience developing for PC and console platforms
- Experience in developing sandbox games
- Experience in developing big open world games
- Experience with mobile and WebGL games
- Experience with play to earn concepts
- Permanently remote position
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!