Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment, and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX, and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are looking for a talented Technical UI Artist to collaborate with a team of UI/UX Designers, Artists, Game Designers and Developers, to create and develop awesome UI content for an ambitious project in Unreal Engine.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge in UI principles, good understanding in logical UI flows, experience in video games UI interfaces development, UI assets import and optimization, and UI animation and motion graphics.
- In short, as a Technical UI Artist, you will be in charge of developing cool features and implementing awesome seamless and immersive user interfaces.
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical UI Artist in video games development using Unreal
- Shipped at least 1 game as a Technical UI Artist; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console or PC title.
- A solid understanding in Unreal Engine’s UI pipeline, tools and techniques
- Experience in asset optimizations, from implementation to profiling
- A solid artistic and technical working knowledge in UI development
- Able to develop UI solutions while following creative and artistic direction
- Motivated to solve problems and ability to think both artistically and technically, considering accessibility and optimization issues
- Awesome communication skills -in English-
- Relentless proactivity in finding problems and their solutions
- A passion for video games
- Deep familiarity, experience, and knowledge using Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of UI layout development and UI asset optimization
- Experience in features implementation, working with a team of artists and developers to plan, estimate, implement and iterate them
- Creativity to provide ideas and feedback in regard to UI tasks.
- Good understanding about UI best practices, workflows and pipelines
- Expertise in UI screen implementation, animations and transitions
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and state-of-the-art techniques.
- Strong collaborative nature within a multidisciplinary team of artists, developers and directors
- Capable to provide a bridge between artists, designers and engineers
- Skills with UI Visual Effects implementation and/or development
- Experience in developing big open-world games
- Knowledge in Visual Scripting and/or Blueprint development
- Skills in UI Shader development using Unreal Engine Materials
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and/or After Effects
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Permanently remote position.
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide.
- Career growth and development.
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- An inclusive culture and open communication.
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!