Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment, and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX, and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist Generalist to join our team on a very ambitious project. The ideal candidate should have extensive full-time experience with advanced shaders and material development, VFXs, asset integration, and graphics optimizations in Unreal Engine.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- As a Senior Technical Artist Generalist, you will be joining and supporting a talented team of technical artists focused on complex shaders and materials development, high-quality asset imports and optimizations, state-of-the-art lighting system optimizations, VFX implementations, profiling and graphics optimizations within a gaming title.
- Also, mentor other technical artists to support their growth, manage CI/CD pipeline for artists, and write technical documentation. In short, you will play an important role in the technical art field of a project.
- Enforce technological changes in order to improve the workflows and pipelines.
- An accomplished technical artist with 5+ years of experience within the technical art discipline with 1+ years of experience as a Senior Technical Artist in game development using Unreal.
- Shipped at least 2 games in a Technical Art role; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console or PC title.
- Experience in 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level.
- A solid understanding in game engines, pipelines, graphics APIs and processes.
- Advanced knowledge in Unreal Engine’s shaders and material development.
- Experience in graphics optimizations, from profiling to implementation.
- A solid artistic and technical knowledge in VFX.
- Awesome communication skills -in English-, across all disciplines.
- Amazing technical insight; from asset creation in 3D software to in-engine optimizations.
- A passion for video games.
- Relentless proactivity in finding problems and their solutions.
- Passion for problem-solving, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues.
- Analyze and improve game performance.
- Deep understanding of the rendering process.
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations.
- Experience writing and debugging shaders.
- Good knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines.
- Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting, and process automation workflows.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Experience in developing big open-world games.
- Background in a wide variety of platforms like PC, VR and WebGL games.
- Working knowledge of Houdini, tool creation for artists and designers.
- Scripting skills in Python, C++, C# and/or MaxScript.
- Modeling and texturing abilities/experience.
- Deep understanding of HLSL and/or GLSL shading languages.
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!