Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment, and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX, and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are looking for a talented Senior Pipeline & Tools Technical Artist to join and support our team on a very ambitious project. The ideal candidate should have extensive full-time experience in building bridges between artists and engineers and in doing so, maintain a close relationship with many disciplines to drive both existing and future tech and tools, especially in Unreal Engine.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- You will be responsible for maintaining and improving pipelines and workflows in order for the art teams to work effectively, efficiently and comfortably.
- Also, mentor other technical artists to support their growth, manage CI/CD pipeline for artists, and write technical documentation. In short, you will play an important role in the technical art field of a project.
- Hands-on scripting and technical tools pipeline development to refine and improve the team’s workflow.
- Optimizing pipelines between our artist publishing tools, asset databases, and our version control backend. Continually build and troubleshoot the artist data (e.g. assets, props, textures, materials, characters, etc.) and the pipeline that produces it.
- Connecting various DCCs/tools/systems into cohesive pipelines from content creation through to the game (mainly for Art and Animation teams).
- Contribute to the development of our core proprietary automation frameworks to allow for greater scalability as our project/pipeline needs continue to expand.
- Maintaining existing pipelines and automation processes for on-going development work on released projects.
- Creating user interfaces (Desktop and Web) to interact with and manage our Automation Systems.
- Evaluating and breaking down existing manual processes different teams have – work with them to streamline and automate these processes with minimal downtime.
- Designing, implementing and iterating on services to be consumed within and outside of Technical Art departments.
- Planning and rolling out improvements to our Technical Art development processes – introducing new patterns of working.
- Create tools/scripts to support production/tracking.
- Collaborate with a team of other technical artists, support art teams directly, and work closely with engineers.
- Design, develop and implement tools to manage art assets in the game engine, automate production software tracking and data, and ensure that assets are optimized.
- You will support artists and resolve technical issues as they arise during production, and guide on best practices to ensure consistency in process and data flow between departments and teams.
- Be part of a dedicated team of tech artists to build and enhance a core pipeline for Art and our Animation teams.
- Support Art and Animation throughout the production process and remove potential technical problems.
- Automate and optimize inefficient workflows and processes.
- Develop tools and systems across departments and serve as the liaison between art and engineering.
- Collaborate with engineers on technical design and workflow solutions.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a technical artist on a shipped AAA title.
- Deep understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Experience in writing tools, scripts, and pipeline development, ideally for video games.
- Mastery with scripting languages like Python and a working knowledge of Maya and/or other 3d content creation applications.
- Overall knowledge of the 3d content creation process and pipeline.
- Strong coding/scripting skills with OOP knowledge.
- Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Plastic, Git) and working on a code base collaboratively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to design and execute long term work on complex pipelines and tools.
- Comfortable coding in modern IDEs and debugging.
- Understanding of using DCC packages for authoring game Art and/or Animation.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Professional experience working in a large team spread across multiple locations and timezones.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting, and process automation workflows
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate between technical and artistic language
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new technological changes as per project need
- Experience in developing big open-world games and sandbox tools
- Background in a wide variety of platforms like PC, VR and WebGL games
- Working knowledge of Houdini, tool creation for artists and designers
- Scripting skills in Python, C++, C# and/or MaxScript
- Experience setting up CI/CD systems (GitLab, Jenkins or similar)
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide.
- Career growth and development.
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities.
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!