Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment, and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX, and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are looking for a talented Senior Lighting Artist to join our team on a very ambitious project. The ideal candidate should have extensive full-time experience dealing with lighting setups, creating lighting adapted to a set of different contexts and locations, building the atmosphere and mood of a variety of spaces in Unreal Engine.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- As a Senior Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole project, ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct.
- You will be cooperating in the development of technology related to lighting in a big open world game.
- Taking part in creating ideas and solutions for a wide range of locations.
- Working with state-of-the-art lighting systems and techniques, shaders and post-processing effects in dynamic and extense environments.
- 5+ years of experience within the Lighting Art discipline with at least 2+ years of experience as a Lighting Artist in game development using Unreal Engine.
- Shipped at least 2 games in Lighting Art role; preferably full cycle on a ‘AAA’ console or PC title.
- Proven experience in creating lighting art for different kinds of locations.
- A solid understanding in game engines, lighting systems and techniques.
- Knowledge in Unreal Engine’s shaders and material development.
- Experience in lighting optimizations, from profiling to implementation.
- Outstanding artistic skills, with a good understanding of color and composition.
- Relentless proactivity in reference materials analysis from the real world and video games.
- Awesome communication skills -in English-, across all disciplines.
- A passion for video games.
- Establish direct and reflected lighting, shadows, and compositing for different moods.
- Design and implement lighting for video game environments.
- A great artistic eye for detail, composition and cinematography.
- Develop innovative strategies and techniques to maximize the visual lighting quality of our games whilst maintaining performance.
- Keep the artistic style consistent with a defined visual style in video games.
- Collaborate with the tech-art team to develop lighting related blueprints and other lighting effects, to create dynamic lighting gameplay elements.
- Assist in developing an efficient pipeline for lighting.
- Work with the leads and other art team members to ensure consistent visual quality.
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in lighting big open-world games.
- Background in a wide variety of platforms like PC, VR and WebGL games.
- Working knowledge with RayTracing and Lumen for Unreal Engine.
- Skills in Technical Lighting Art (like light optimizations).
- Knowledge in Shader and Materials development.
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!