Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 14 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
As a Lead Technical Designer, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of technical designers, as well as collaborating with the Design Director and other cross-functional teams to help shape and implement the technical vision for our projects. You will work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to establish and maintain efficient workflows, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the team is meeting project goals and deadlines.
In this role, you should have a strong understanding of the Unreal Engine and experience working with it on shipped titles. You should also have experience working with a wide range of tools and pipelines, including Blueprints, Maya, and Perforce.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and mentor a team of technical designers
- Collaborate with the Design Director and other cross-functional teams to shape and implement the technical vision for our projects
- Work closely with designers, artists, and programmers to establish and maintain efficient workflows
- Ensure that the team is meeting project goals and deadlines
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- Proficiency with the Unreal Engine and experience working with it on shipped titles
- Experience with Blueprints and other tools and pipelines, including Maya and Perforce
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A strong portfolio showcasing relevant technical design experience
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to experience different pipelines and styles and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
- Salary according to the candidate’s experience
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!