Location: Anywhere (Remote)
Duration: Full Time
Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
We are searching for an exceptionally skilled game development Creative Director with a strong creative vision and the ability to lead a team to execute that vision. The ideal Creative Director must have a wealth of knowledge about different game concepts, and can apply this knowledge to build a vision for the product, which gameplay, storyline, cinematics etc. As a Director, you must understand emerging trends and technologies in the video game industry and make strategic recommendations as to how they may benefit and/or impact the studio. We are looking for not just a creative leader, but a Creative Director who is eager to inspire and guide a team to deliver unprecedented quality.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drive the creative vision and goals through all phases of the project development cycle, ensuring that the game is following one common vision and uphold the integrity of our partners creative vision
- Partner closely with clients, creative leadership and other team leads to identify and solve all issues related to artistic needs including defining the stylistic vision, establishing, and maintaining aesthetic standards, influencing the technical direction of the project
- Collaborate closely with project managers and game designers to identify and plan requirements, estimates, bidding and staffing for new projects
- Drive the quality of the game by balancing quality, continuity, performance, technical, scheduling and budgetary requirements
- Manage, support and inspire the team with clear and consistent mentorship, training and support
- Ensure that client requirements, information and feedback pipelines are effective, efficient, and clear to the team
- Proactively research and keep up to date on cutting edge trends and game concepts within the entertainment industries
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional industry experience, including 3+ years of Creative Direction experience in games with excellent credentials
- At least one project released in a Creative Director position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading a creative team in building a game title while delivering on time and to budget
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent feedback
- Strong leadership, people and mentoring skills with demonstrated experience in teaching technical and traditional art processes
- Organized, self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, with a strong sense of professionalism and composure while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a large amount of ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- Manage multiple tasks and projects, switching focus and priorities to respond to business needs as needed
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence
- Hunger for problem-solving and motivating others to deliver exceptional work
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!